eidos, the Centre for Metaphysics, was founded in 2007 by Fabrice Correia and Kevin Mulligan, with the invaluable help of Philipp Blum, and has been since then directed by its founders. Based in Geneva since its inception, it had a branch in Neuchâtel from August 2012 to July 2017, and it has a new branch in Lugano. eidos encourages collaboration with other fields, disciplines and Universities.
- Ghislain Guigon: The Age of Trickery, 22 March 2018, Geneva
- Workshop: Fundamentality in Physics and Metaphysics, 29-30 May 2018
- Damiano Costa has been appointed Lecturer in philosophy at the University of Italian Switzerland, Lugano.
- Kevin Mulligan has been appointed ordinary professor of philosophy at the University of Italian Switzerland, Lugano, where he runs a new Master on the philosophy of time with Damiano Costa.
- Fabrice Correia has been appointed as ordinary professor for the chair of analytic philosophy at the University of Geneva. He will start his new appointment on August 1st, 2017.
- The Department of Philosophy at the University of Geneva offers a PhD student position in analytic philosophy, starting 1 August 2017. Knowledge of French sufficient for teaching is required. The official announcement can be found here.
- Former eidos member Jessica Leech has accepted a position as Lecturer at King's College London. She will start her new appointment on September 1st, 2016.
- Kevin Mulligan, Christian Wüthrich and Olivier Massin's project "Quantities" has been accepted by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project will start in August 2016 and last for three years. Details on the project are available here.
- eidos member Akiko Frischhut has accepted a position as Assistant Professor at Akita International University, Japan. She will start her new appointment on April 1st, 2016.
- eidos welcomes submissions on the role of grounding in philosophy of science to be presented at the international conference "Ground in Philosophy of Science" to be held in Geneva on September 15-17, 2016. Details can be found here.
- Fabrice Correia and Maria Scarpati's project "Essences, Identities and Individuals" has been accepted by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project will start in April 2015 and last for three years. Details on the project are available here.
- eidos is pleased to announce one 5-year post-doc position and one 4-year doctoral position. The positions are part of Fabrice Correia's SNSF Consolidator Grant "The Metaphysics of Time and its Occupants". The deadline for both positions is March 31st, 2015.