eidos, the Centre for Metaphysics, was founded in 2007. It provides a forum for research in metaphysics at the Universities of Geneva and Neuchâtel and at the Institute of Philosophical Studies, Lugano, and encourages collaboration with other fields, disciplines and Universities.
- Claudio Calosi & Ghislain Guigon: The Many as Modes of the Wave, 7 December 2016, Neuchâtel
- Former eidos member Jessica Leech has accepted a position as Lecturer at King's College London. She will start her new appointment on September 1st, 2016.
- Kevin Mulligan, Christian Wüthrich and Olivier Massin's project "Quantities" has been accepted by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project will start in August 2016 and last for three years. Details on the project are available here.
- eidos member Akiko Frischhut has accepted a position as Assistant Professor at Akita International University, Japan. She will start her new appointment on April 1st, 2016.
- eidos welcomes submissions on the role of grounding in philosophy of science to be presented at the international conference "Ground in Philosophy of Science" to be held in Geneva on September 15-17, 2016. Details can be found here.
- Fabrice Correia and Maria Scarpati's project "Essences, Identities and Individuals" has been accepted by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The project will start in April 2015 and last for three years. Details on the project are available here.
- eidos is pleased to announce one 5-year post-doc position and one 4-year doctoral position. The positions are part of Fabrice Correia's SNSF Consolidator Grant "The Metaphysics of Time and its Occupants". The deadline for both positions is March 31st, 2015.